Superchips

Todd Day today at di.com
Fri Feb 24 03:08:37 GMT 1995

>Wasn't it the case that they CLAIMED that they had reprogrammed the
>stock ECU -- even had their sticker on it or something? But in fact
>the code was EXCACTLY the same?  I wonder how much they charged for
>that SUPERCHIP.

Yep.  That would be the "upgrades" for the Eagle Talon and Dodge
Stealth and their siblings.  Both are different ECUs, but they
didn't do ANYTHING to either of them.  Even had the gall to put
a sticker on the chip they "reprogrammed".  For your 350 dollars,
you got that sticker plus a real nice bleeder valve for the
wastegate on your turbo.

I posted this to the list I run (Talon/Eclipse/Laser).  It got reposted
all over the net.  Somehow, Mr. Wales got a copy of it.  He defended
himself by saying that he had a money back guarentee and no one had
returned their units.  That's the sort of shop he runs - profit by
others' ignorance, instead of adding real value to the transaction.

BTW, I think $30k is awfully low, even for starting college grads
with a BS.  If he thinks anyone who knows anything about engine
computers is gonna be jumping on his weak offer, he's one bit short
of a byte.

-todd-

P.S.  He's actually subscribed to my email list.  From his recent posts,
it's pretty clear that he's knows very little about T/E/Ls other than
what he's gleaned from the list.  From his posts on this list, he seems
to be more of a taker than a giver.  I don't mind for profit ventures on
my list, as long as the person subscribed seems to contribute to the
discussion.  Does he do that for us here on DIY?  Doesn't look like it to
me...  At least he doesn't advertise on my list.  The second he tries, he's
gone...