aldl codes

Lou Faustini faustini at lamp0.arl.army.mil
Tue Jan 17 15:22:16 GMT 1995

      I have worked on the ALDL serial data stream. There are two "flavors"
of GM data streams. On later models the data rate is 8192 baud. This is the
only data stream I have worked with. The earlier stuff worked at approx 166
baud (-I think-). I never actually cracked either data format. I can tell
you hardware wise you will need a level-shifter/inverter to interface to the
PC. I used a MAX233 serial line driver. You can program the 8250 UART in the
PC to get close enough to 8192 baud to work without errors. You will have to
program the 16-bit divisor in the 8250 with port-IO commands. If its not too
much trouble, please let me know if you get anywhere on decoding the GM data
stream.