68000-vs-68332 (long) was Re: [EFI68k] new release and group survey

Dale Ulan ulan at ee.ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 26 04:19:10 GMT 1995

> - 68332 is (approx.) $55 68hc000 is (approx.) $17
> - several weeks worth of "free-time" to redeveloped
>   the board. :(

Not to mention the lack of product from Motorola. I only have
one 68332, and so far, any orders that I have placed for more
68332's have resulted in Motorola saying they can't deliver.

So far, *any* Motorola distributor I have contacted say they
cannot deliver anything for at least six months. I can sure get
a Toshiba 68HC000 to do the same job in a big hurry.

How many 'Northern Telecoms' does Motorola need to loose before
they realize that screwing around the customer is bad business?
'Oh yea, we forgot about that one... :-)' They obviously don't
hear the small-lot purchasers complaining. Maybe they'll have to
loose Delco Electronics and Chrysler, too, before they notice.

-Dale