New Board, feedback needed

Brian Lane blane at nyx10.cs.du.edu
Thu Jan 26 16:06:44 GMT 1995

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Nate wrote:

> A friend that has no access to the Net is going to come out with a new
> board for HC11.
>
> What would you pay for a tested unit? (be fair)

$50-$80 there are already several companies that sell bare-bones HC11
boards like this for about $89 I think it is.(See ads in Circuit Cellar Ink).

> What would you pay for a blank board, and would you be interested in a
> blank board since most of it is surface mount?

  A unpopulated board with parts. Sometimes it's hard to find everything
you need when you need it.

> Should he bother producing this for the hobby market anyway?

  Might as well, we're not much different from the 'commercial
consultant' market, and there is alot of crossover between the two.

> Are people going to say "basic stamp is better" ?

  Ain't no way. A HC11 has much more than a basic stamp. Maybe someone
who prefers to do their embedded development in basic instead of ASM or
'C' would say this, but not most.

    Brian