batched injection

Graydon D. Stuckey graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
Fri Jul 14 05:47:55 GMT 1995

On 12 Jul 1995, Jeffrey Giberstein wrote:

> Page 23 of Hartman's "Fuel Injection" states that if you batch fuel injection,
> you might as well take your timing off the spark coil because injection event
> timing is irrelevant.  Is this really true?  Wouldn't it be of benefit to
> performance if I took my injection timing from the crank sensor (there's
> already one there) so that one-half of the injection events would happen when
> the intake valve was open?
Jeff,

	My understanding is that it doesn't matter too much when you
inject.  As a matter of fact, my friends state that injecting on a closed
intake valve may be better for fuel vapourization.

	Hope this helps.

Later,
Graydon D. Stuckey
graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage 1
'83 Mazda RX7 w/13B, GDS Racing Stage 58474