Another green one

Michael Kent ukentm01 at mcl.ucsb.edu
Sat Jul 15 20:28:46 GMT 1995

Yep, just another new guy.

My name is Mike Kent. I'm an ME student in Santa Barbara, CA. My current
project is an '87 Mitsubishi Starion. It has a 2.6 liter turbo motor that
came from the factory with a two injector TBI system. I have a spare
motor from an '89 that I am in the process of building/blueprinting and
am looking to fabricate a new intake manifold to take advantage of an
Accel DFI injection system. I'd like a Motec but they seem to be kinda
cost prohibitive.

I'd like to find any other turbo motor folks attempting to build/tune an
EFI system and learn how they are going about things (what ecu, map/maf,
etc...).

I have never been too deep into the electronic H/W scene so I may be a
bit slow on recognizing h3jhr38shje's, but I'll do my best. My background
is more in the area of engine dynamics (airflow, combustion, thermal eff)
especially in regards to turbo applications.

With the limited circuit science I figure I'll start with an 'easy'
project first then work up.

1) Horiba esk A/F monitor w/ 0-5v output for data logging
2) closed loop boost controller w/ boost a variable function of RPM
3) Fuel/Ignition control (DFI or suitable other...)
4) maybe a Dynolab type thing using the ABS accelerometer...

Any and all help is more than welcome.

Thanx much, MK
ukentm01 at mcl.ucsb.edu