The ME TOO list.. exhaust gas sensor

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Sun Jul 16 02:26:41 GMT 1995

> I'd like to have a copy too.

    Well, I replied first, so I guess I should give some detail.  I can't
find the original message, that come from the Hotrod list.  (This was
back when JDG was running it)   Fairly simple - you need a meter that
will show 0-1 volt.   Go down to Radio Shack, get their "Semiconductor
Reference Guide" (mine's the 1985 edition), or look in National
Semi' "Linear Devices" book.   Almost everywhere you see a LM3915/14,
you see a 0 to 1 volt meter circuit.

    10 of the 18 pins are used for the led's
    1 is used for bar/dot mode
    2 for juice (5 vdc)
    1 is for the signal input (no buffering required)
    4 are used to determine full scale voltage  (Rlo, Rhi, Rout, Radust
	R=refernce)

  You need only one resistor to make it do 0-1 volt (actually, 1.2v is the
minimum full scale reading).   Mine was cobbled together in 15 minutes
with wire-wrap, using NO resistor.  ;^>

    If someone out there can scan in a picture, I'll be happy to fax them
the diagram for this...

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
     "Clinging Tenaciously to the Trailing Edge of Technology"