2nd try: 3-wire O2 sensor.

Graydon D. Stuckey graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
Sun Jul 16 04:59:45 GMT 1995

On Sat, 15 Jul 1995, Bob Valentine wrote:

> > I picked up a 3 wire sensor at a local auto parts store for $28. it
> > was for a Ford Mustang w/V8, Ford part number DY-606. works great.
>
>     Hmmm... how much juice do you have to feed it?   Do you have a pinout
> for the connector?

Bob,

	My understanding is that the heater is self regulating.  It draws
very little current when the exhaust gases are present to keep it warm.
It does draw current when warming up.  I find that my heated O2 sensor is
heated up and operational by the time I get to the end of my driveway.  I
have it wired to ignition, so it runs all the time the engine is on.

Later,
Graydon D. Stuckey
graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage 1
'83 Mazda RX7 w/13B, GDS Racing Stage 58474