2nd try: 3-wire O2 sensor.

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Sun Jul 16 04:05:33 GMT 1995

Bob Valentine writes:

> > I picked up a 3 wire sensor at a local auto parts store for $28. it
> > was for a Ford Mustang w/V8, Ford part number DY-606. works great.
>
>     Hmmm... how much juice do you have to feed it?   Do you have a pinout
> for the connector?

Two wires should be the same color, the 3rd should be a different color.
Hook one of the two same-color wires to ground, the other to switched
+12V.  Connect the odd colored wire to the + DC input of your voltmeter.
Connect the - DC input of your voltmeter to a good ground on the
engine.

Jonathan R. Lusky                        lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
http://www.edge.net/~lusky/                 (615) 726-8700