02 sensors

Michael Kent ukentm01 at mcl.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 18 19:21:16 GMT 1995

Yesterday I had a chat with a tuner in the LA area who said he had done
some back to back tests of a Bosch sensored Haltech A/F meter and a
Horiba. He found that the Bosch 3 wire sensor worked ok on the lean side
of stoch as long as the EGT stayed constant. If there was any kind of
change in EGT the indicated A/F would change on the Haltech but not the
Horiba. The DFI injection system was programed to keep a constant 12:1
over the test window.

I would like to know what others have found out about the accuracy of
these inexpensive A/F meter set-ups. The idea of getting a multi thousand
dollar Horiba is *way* out of the question for a mortal like me. If the
cheap meters aren't accurate why use poor information?

Mike Kent
starving engr student
'87 Mitsu Starion ESI-R