Motec

Andrew Dennison ADEN at mechman.mm.swin.edu.au
Mon Jul 24 02:18:07 GMT 1995

> Based on the picture of the controller on
> their brochure, I'd speculate that they are using one of those 32bit
> motorola chips and a 67F687.
I think they use the MC68332.  I went to an informal seminar held at
the Motec factory (it's an Australian product) and I was most
impressed by the features of the controller and the EFI and general
automotive stories told.

I believe that the 'basic' fuel-only controller starts at $A1500.
Every controller contains the hardware for full sequential fueling
and spark control and these features may be enabled with a software
key as mentioned by Craig.

The system firmware is stored in flash memory so it may be possible
to purchase software upgrades!

I hope the EFI332 project comes close to this benchmark!

Andrew

Andrew Dennison - Research Associate
The CIM Centre                Address: CIM Centre
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA                   Swinburne University
Phone: +61 3 9214 8296                 PO Box 218
Fax:   +61 3 9819 4949                 Hawthorn Victoria 3122
WWW:   http://cim.mm.swin.edu.au/      Australia