MAF

John S Gwynne jsg
Tue Jul 25 23:22:19 GMT 1995

From: Jeffrey.Giberstein at Dartmouth.EDU (Jeffrey Giberstein)
Subject: MAF
To: diy_efi

I've  got tons and tons of questions so I hope nobody minds.  Thanks for all
the help so far.

I'm wondering why the general practice is to place MAF sensors upstream of the
throttle body.  I assume that this is to prevent it from being overly sensitive
to backpressure and reversion pulses and other such mysterious business but it
also seems like this would sacrifice a good deal of responsiveness.  Supposing
I wanted to place my MAF sensor a ways downstream of my throttle body but at a
point in my manifold where it still had some capacitance below it.  Do you
think that its output would be so erratic that it would be useless?  Any
suggestions on an algorithm that would help?

Thankkkkks,

Jeff