Voltage Comp

FIScot at aol.com FIScot at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 00:17:58 GMT 1995

Subj:   Re: Voltage Comp
From:   elansi01 at ctlw3908.mpg.gmpt.gmeds.com (Ed Lansinger)

  > Full-open injector flow is not affected by voltage per se.  Fuel pump
  > flow is, so you've still got to correct the full-open time.  EFI fuel
  > pump manufacturers characterize their pumps at a range of supply
  > voltages.  You could start there or measure things yourself.

    This seems like it would only apply if the fuel pressure fell below the
    regulated preset.  I don't know how much over capacity the fuel pump
    has, but with today's eye on bottom line, I imagine that it is not a
    large margin.  It would seem a good idea to lower the RPM limiter when
    voltage is low.  This might stop high RPM lean-out and the sometimes
    disastrous results..... And make the owner take the car to the repair
    shop to get it fixed.  I see a new error code coming... Low RPM limiter
    due to low volts or fuel pressure....

    Scot Sealander    FIScot at aol.com