efi from an at bus plug in board

Mike Klopfer klopfer at eagle.natinst.com
Sat Jul 29 02:58:15 GMT 1995

I've been thinking about doing efi using a board plugged into an AT bus on
a pc. Perhaps the board could have a 67f687 and some a/d converters. I noticed
that the efi332 project is talking about the MAX186 a/d. I saw it in a Digikey
catalog for $17. I'm hoping that I could use a MACH110 ($11 Newark) which has
44 pins to do the glue to the AT bus. This might include the serial to parallel
conversion for interfacing to the MAX186. I'd appreciate any information about
using or the availability of the MACH110 or MAX186 chips.

Since 386-40MHz motherboards are <$100 it might even make a convenient
embedded controller.

mike