efi from an at bus plug in board

Rod Barman rodb at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Jul 30 04:08:34 GMT 1995

> There was a shortage of MAX186's around April-May.

As a general rule, a semiconductor that's easily available today
may be unobtainable tomorrow.  Nothing makes sense in the semiconductor
market anymore.  I try to design things where components of which I
have a choice are featured in the Digikey catalog.  Even if I don't buy
it from Digikey, I am reasonably sure I could get it from them.  Motorola
is especially bad at this.

The MAX186 works great, especially with Moto SPI bus devices.  I've thrown
a circuit together following there example and it worked well.

The MACH devices are nice.  You've got to have software and
a programmer to make them work of course.  They use less power and
cost less than the 22V10s they replaced !!.

I would suggest you at least check out the efi332 project before
embarking on something new on your own.

--rod.

--
Rod Barman, IRIS ISDE-6 @ Laboratory for Computational Intelligence