efi from an at bus plug in board

ALIPPER at aol.com ALIPPER at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 15:54:24 GMT 1995

>I've been thinking about doing efi using a board plugged into an AT bus on
>a pc...

Last year I designed and built an EFI system using just such a board.  I used
a PC as the brain, and on the board I used a variety of "intelligent"
peripheral chips to handle RPM measurement, injector pulse-width timing and
sync, a 16-channel A/D converter, and a couple of dozen parallel inputs.  The
board was more of a concept test and software development platform than
anything else, but really works (the car ran well enough).  The nice thing
about it is that it's so programmable, it can be adapted to run (or control)
just about anything.  It was designed so that it would allow the car to run
even if the control program was interrupted, and therefore could use a really
slow machine or program (great for development).  It uses about $25 worth of
parts and can even be proto-boarded.  Anyway, I'd be happy to share the
schematic (It was designed using OrCAD) and functional description with
anyone who is interested - Just let me know.

                                                - Al -

alipper at aol.com