How is MAT data used?

John T Stein JSTEIN at dpc2.hdos.hac.com
Fri Mar 3 18:08:08 GMT 1995

By way of introduction (since that seems to be de rigueur for initial
list postings) I am an electrical engineer dealing primarily with
analog circuit design.  I can possibly contribute to this list in the areas of
sensor signal processing and EMI management.  My hands-on involvement
with cars is considerably less intense than  most of you, I'm sort of a
 "'shade-tree mechanic with an oscilloscope" but I AM interested in
the technology.

In the past I have seen numerous postings to this list that discuss
how data from throttle position sensor, battery voltage, etc. are
employed to modify the baseline injector pulse width.  Could someone
please explain how MAT data is used?   Also, on a "learning" ECM such
 as is used on my 2.5 L GM engine,  are the baseline pulse widths typically
altered based on the long-term readings of MAT??