Injector Dynamic Range

Andrew Dennison ADEN at mechman.mm.swin.edu.au
Fri Mar 17 02:59:24 GMT 1995

I have been thinking about some of the issues regarding EFI, and I
was wondering if anyone has some ideas about the dynamic range of
fuel injectors:  If it is around 48dB (ie. 256:1) then all we should
need is an 8 bit map, however if the dynamic range is higher then
there may be some real advantages in 16 bit (96dB) maps.  Also, what sort of
repeatability (error) do injectors have?  Can someone quote a +/- 0.x ms
for a common injector?  I visited MOTEC last night and it has got me
thinking.....

Andrew
Andrew Dennison - Research Associate
The CIM Centre