Control selection

The Chou duo NACHOU at koppa1.delcoelect.com
Fri Mar 17 18:28:53 GMT 1995

>How can the C3 TBI ECU do a smooth idle with large roller cam?
>How can the C3 TBI ECU do the increased timing advance needed with Dart
>Sportsman heads?
>Is an interface and program available to use the ALDL with a laptop PC?
>Is a program for analysis and modification of C3 PROM data available for PC?
>Does the C3 optimize ignition advance for power/# of fuel or only retard if
>knock is sensed?

First, what C3 TBI ECU are you using? This is an old GM ECM you're
refering to isn't it? Dart Sportsman heads, you must be using this on
a small block Chevy. You should talk to Ken Mosher about a ALDL
laptop program.  Mike Pitts has a prom burner program. All these guys
are on the Buick Grand National mailing list. Email me if you
want/need more info about it.

Your last question, the ignition advance does not keep going up.
There's a timing table that is used, and timing is retarded when
knock occurs.
Tom (or Nellie) Chou,  nachou at koppa1.delcoelect.com
(317)451-7970 (Tom), 7619 (Nel), 317-868-9672 (evenings)
Unless indicated otherwise, the opinions expressed here are personal
& NOT an official statement of General Motors / Delco Electronics.