Booklist

FIScot at aol.com FIScot at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 13:46:26 GMT 1995

  > Subject: My Booklist..
  > Date: 95-03-19 19:05:54 EST
  > From: c.pugsley at trl.oz.au (Craig Pugsley)

  > Hi there,
  > Here is my good deed for the day:

  > After several years of collecting info on EFI (for the purpose of
  > DIYing my EFI :-), And after coming against the typical 'The sensors
  > take the readings and the computer does the calculations and the
  > injectors put in the fuel' explaination time after time, I've finally
  > found some books that are semi-usefull:

   [snip]

  > 3/ Fuel injection - Installation, Performance tuning, Modifications, By
  > Jeff Hartman.  Publisher Motorbooks international, PO Box 1, Osceola,
  > WI 54020 ph 1-800-826-6600 (in the US), Reccomended Price $19.95 US.
  > ISBN 0-87938-743-2

  > (I paid $AUS 34.95 from McGills in Melbourne for those in AUS) Probably
  > the best value for money book on EFI.  The book has snippets of
  > everything - If it had detail on all the subjects it mentioned it would
  > be the definitive reference.  The Audience is intended as street
  > rodders mainly, but there are good bits and peices for the DIY_EFI'er -
  > Reccomended reading.

    [snip]

    I just subscribed to the mailing list.  I have also bought a number of
    books related to EFI.  The Hartman book has a curious statement on page
    146 related to setting up the fuel map on the DFI controller:

    "The thing to understand its (sic) that to tune the DFI, you must set
    base pulse width for speed and loading breakpoints in the base fuel
    matrix of 272 numbers.  You change breakpoints by running in edit mode
    and literally typing in new numbers.  For some reason, possibly to do
    with avoiding floating point math in the 68HC11 microprocessor, the
    numbers in the matrix are not pulse width, but rather pulse width
    divided by 0.0627"

    Does he know he has a clock driving the pulse width timer?  I enjoyed
    the book, and the author has ALOT more hands on experience than I, but
    that statement I found interesting....

    Scot Sealander   FIScot at aol.com   or   sealand at nc5.infi.net