Changing injector pulse rate at idle?

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Tue Mar 28 23:39:22 GMT 1995

> Having lurked around this list for a while I realize that conventional wisdom
> considers 1 to 1.5 milliseconds to be the minimum reasonable drive
> pulse width for injectors, and that this figure establishes the lower
> limit of the injector's dynamic range.

> Is this a commonly-used technique to achieve an EFFECTIVE pulse
> width of less than 1 millisecond??  Is something more involved going on here??
> Anyone have any similar findings (or opinions)??
>
> John

Another technique for better operation at light loads is to
reduce the fuel pressure - this allows you to keep the pulse width in a
known area of operation, while reducing the amount of fuel put through.
I'd suggest this would normally only be a high/low pressure - not
variable.

But hey, what would I know, I'm just an EFI hack ;-)

Cheers,
Craig.

PS to the author of the 'Compleat diy_efi reference' - Well done. (A
beta copy of the faq?)