Simple injector Drive

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 29 05:45:37 GMT 1995

Bruce writes,

> I have a question......
>
> I want to (quick) flow test some injectors that I have.  I
> will drive them with with a programmable function generator
> (TTL out).  The injectors are the 16 ohm variety (GM).
> What is the simplest circuit (FET, etc) that will take
> the TTL and open the injector safely for a short test
> and clean time.  I am not after a dissertation on the
> subject, just something that will achive my goal.  I
> have a few MC3484-S4 lying around - should I use one
> of them, even though the MC3484-S4 is for lower-impedance
> injectors?

Bruce, the MC3484-S4 will have no problems pulsing high impedence
injectors.  The injector drivers will simply not reach their current
limit which won't harm the injector or driver.  The maximum current
will be determined by the impedence of the injector, in this case
approx 750 mA.

Robert
             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 344 7966                           (+613) 344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA