Throttle Plate Control

Ed Lansinger elansi01 at mpg.gmpt.gmeds.com
Mon May 8 17:06:28 GMT 1995

Dave Williams wrote:

>->  Are there any "fly-by-wire" systems with the throttle
>-> valve under computer control?
>
> Various Delco and Bosch "traction control" rigs do this, notably on
>Corvettes and Cadillacs.

No Cadillac ever produced, including current production, has had a fly-by-wire throttle.
 Traction control is accomplished by engine torque modulation coupled with selective
brake application.  I am also unaware of any production Corvette with a fly-by-wire
throttle.

>->  Would there be any advantages to doing this?
>
> Sure, as long as you're sure the guy who wrote the software knows more
>about your driving than you do.

Sometimes they don't, sometimes they do :).

Ed Lansinger
General Motors Powertrain
Powertrain Control Center
Premium V Software & Calibration Group