Throttle Plate Control

Lawrence S. Harris III lharris at crl.com
Fri May 12 02:00:54 GMT 1995

> My 93 Jimmy with the HO 200HP 4.3 had this too... Only it was a Plenum divider
> in the manifold that over a certain throttle position and RPM, flipped open
> and connected the 2 halves of the plenum for top end power.

As does the Ford/Lincoln DOHC 4.6 liter modular V8.  I believe that it
cuts in at 3000 RPM.  You can actually see it on the HP/Torque curves
too.  They are double humped!  Gee wiz, this really works!

Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com (pref) or lharris at msm.mea.com
'86 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe (149K)  '82 BMW 635CSi Euro (121K)
Meyers Tow'd Dune Buggy (1776cc) '83 Toyota Tercel (180K)