Throttle Plate Control

Joe Senner joe at mpd.tandem.com
Mon May 15 15:23:31 GMT 1995

]>I'm surprised that with an EFI system that people wouldn't consider
]>cutting fuel rather than spark.  Of course hysteresis as mentioned above
]>would be a must.  I would guess with too little or no hysteresis, that a
]>really lean condidtion may occur as the computer would kind of half
]>heartedly feed fuel right around the rev limit.
]
]>Has anyone out there played with cutting fuel rather than spark?  If no
]>one uses this method, why not?
]
]I think it is better to ignite later, than cutting off the fuel, in that way
]the engine is not able to raise its r.p.m, while getting sufficient cooling
]from the  incoming petrol

jumping in a little late here, but my BMW (from all the explanations I've
gotten) cuts fuel supply by 50% 500rpm below rev limit, and then cuts it
100% at rev limit. it also cuts fuel supply on trailing throttle. oddly
enough (and I've seen this one played out on the CO meter) it enrichens the
mixture by quite a bit to control overheating.

I can't verify this is all correct, but hopefully I'll be able to after a
bit (when Jim Conforti gets through with his handywork :-)

--
Joe Senner
http://www.onr.com/user/joe.html