Throttle Plate Control

Lawrence S. Harris III lharris at crl.com
Mon May 15 23:07:50 GMT 1995

> jumping in a little late here, but my BMW (from all the explanations I've
> gotten) cuts fuel supply by 50% 500rpm below rev limit, and then cuts it

Are you sure of this?  This seems like a recipie for how to blow up a
motor.  If the car was running at a full throttle mixture of 12:1, and
suddenly before reaching the rev limit it went to 24:1, this would have
most uncool results.

Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com (pref) or lharris at msm.mea.com
'86 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe (149K)  '82 BMW 635CSi Euro (121K)
Meyers Tow'd Dune Buggy (1776cc) '83 Toyota Tercel (180K)