Source for EFI throttle bodies

Whitney, Jim WHITNEY at volpe1.dot.gov
Tue Nov 14 12:04:10 GMT 1995

This is in reference to Felix Klauser's request for  Weber DOCE-type EFI
throttle bodies. There are several sources: Unfortunately, I am at work and
do not have my 'black book' with me. If memory serves me, One source is TWM
'somewhere' in California. Another is Electromotive in Virginia, who also
make a nifty EFI unit to run the things along with built in distributor-less
ignition. The throttle bodies (from Electromotive) are about $245.00  US for
each 2-barrel sidedraft body. The manifold is approximately the same (at
least for the Mitsubishi Starion). Their TEC-2 EFI unit is approximately
$1000.00.
I don't know about some of the other systems, but there are all sorts of
additional items needed for this install, i.e., injectors at $78.00 each,
MAP sensor, crank sensor wheel,.... The point being that when you add it all
up....

For what it's  worth,

Jim Whitney

whitney at volpe1.gov.dot