Looking for air/fuel meter

Henry David Sommer gt0035b at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 15 17:56:31 GMT 1995

Fred Miranda wrote

>  accordingly. Shouldn't be that dificult once you figure out the trim curve,

	No but I bet that that curve is pretty hard to get.

	I've just finished on deciding what meter to buy for the dyno here
at school.  I looked at Motec, Horiba, Kinsler, and ECM. The Kinsler and
ECM units were the best deal but neither of them had displays.  They just
have 105 outputs. I think that the Kinsler unit maybe linearized but the
ECM unit is not. You have to look at a curve and compare the voltage to the
lamda value on the chart :(. However, the ECM unit uses an NGK UEGO sensor
while the Kinsler uses a Bosch.  I've got the technical data on both of them
as faxes that I will try and add to the GT Motorpsorts homepage for you to
see.  I decided on the ECM unit because it had the NGK sensor. Both of
them compensated for temperature and ran the heater for you. They also had
a little bit of built in diagnostics.

Henry Sommer | gt0035b at prism.gatech.edu | Georgia Institute of Technology
Year  88 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | ME and MATE | FSAE since 92
car # 66 | 23 | 23 | 42 | 42 | 99 | 99 | 55 | Maintainer of FSAE mailing list
place 11 |  2 |  6 | 23 |  3 |  6 | 11 | ?  | FSAE-request at list.gatech.edu