Looking for air/fuel meter

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Wed Nov 15 16:35:46 GMT 1995

 Anyone out there know of a source for an aie/fuel meter other than Motec.
 (they want too much for theirs) I hear there might be some Motec clones
 in Australia.

 Maybe this hould be a good project for a group of diy_efi members.
 It looks to me that since Motec uses a 4 wire O2 sensor, they must monitor
 heater current to determine sensor temp and then trim the sensor output
 accordingly. Shouldn't be that dificult once you figure out the trim curve,
 and certainly doesn't justify what they want for these boxes.

 I have been tuning Electromotive TECs for about 5 years now and am starting
 to get into Autronic systems a bit also. It has been really dificult setting
 mixtures at full load(esp rotarys & turbos) due to O2 sensor drift with temp.
 It varies with sensor placement, turbo size, advance, etc.

 Fred Miranda