Looking for air/fuel meter

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 16 00:25:03 GMT 1995

DIYers,

Fred Miranda and Henry Sommer have brought up the interesting issue
of wide band AFR measurement.

I've been given the go ahead to investigate and order a wide band
AFR sensor and associated hardware for my research project at Uni.
As far as I can tell the NTK sensor costing somewhere around $1000
requires some basic control hardware for temperature control and
that each sensor requires individual calibration.

>  Maybe this hould be a good project for a group of diy_efi members.
>  It looks to me that since Motec uses a 4 wire O2 sensor, they must monitor
>  heater current to determine sensor temp and then trim the sensor output
>  accordingly. Shouldn't be that dificult once you figure out the trim curve,
>  and certainly doesn't justify what they want for these boxes.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Robert Dingli
             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 9344 7966                          (+613) 9344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA