Flow bench instrumentation

Carter Hendricks carterh at crl.com
Fri Nov 17 20:28:16 GMT 1995

I've just finished a cylinder head flow bench along the lines of the big
Superflow but as designed and built by someone at MSD and discussed in
one of the smaller car magazines a while ago. The published plans at a
certain point just sort of slide off the table... I don't think the
magazine ever finished construction but it has been a fun project for my
Italian car shop. What is interesting [and attractive] about this design
is its economy: the air flow source is 6 to 9 industrial vacuum cleaner
motors!

Next step is data acquisition. While I don't want this to become DIY-flow
bench, can I please ask for help, ideas, suggestions on sensors, and any
recommendations among the various small data acquisition boards /
software out there? Appreciate the help [and happy to provide references
to the articles & share our construction lessons, off list].

					--Carter