Timed mechanical fuel injection

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Tue Nov 21 16:24:16 GMT 1995

At 10:49 PM 11/20/95 PST, you wrote:

>what about using TWO injectors/ cylinder and somehow gating the second one in
>at higher revs, or loads?  that sounds somehow easier than messing with
timing,
>shots per rev, etc. this does not admittedly sound like a DIY system, but......
>another idea: one sequential and one firing for all N cylinders
>if one really goes nuts, use a ox sensor on each cylinder and control each
>injector
>independently.....

A lot of work it would seem. I suppose that as pollution control is
tightened to the point of "0" we might see some individual cylinder
control... if it is not already in use.

Not all of this discussion is DIY, but sometimes it is easier to get to the
races by just doing it like "they" do, instead of totally re-inventing the
wheel. Personally, I don't have enough "real" engineering training or
electronics, or C-programming education to really do a true DYI_EFI, but I
have built several systems around existing programmable controllers while
building my own hardware (manifolds, air-doors, fuel supply, etc.). Still
very rewarding and a must for engines that would otherwise have to use a
carb(s), meaning that no EFI system is currently being produced... example,
Chrysler Hemi. Even a shitty EFI beats a Holley(s).

(I can hear the flames a comin'... hear the flames... hear the flames a comin')

-j-

John Lindgren
head cheese at Johnny Enterprises
(been lurkin' since way before the shutdown and just couldn't keep quiet
anymore)