DIY_EFI abilities and older engines

Paul Beam paul at ashley.jbc.edu
Wed Nov 22 14:02:41 GMT 1995

At 06:06 PM 11/21/95 -0500, you wrote:

>By the way, is there anyone out there who can relate to me some words of
>wisdom on going about this project? Any suggestions on a good EFI computer
>that's rather inexpensive but easy to use?  I need something to prove out my
>hardware.

Well, I'm new to this list, and this might be a dumb answer, but what about
a 386SX?  You should have a fully operational computer for well under $200,
with lots of tools available.  Of course, it is a little large, and you
would have to do something about I/O, but its still a lot cheaper and
quicker than "rolling your own."

My $.02.

R Paul Beam
Computer Systems Engineer