Swaping out Dellorto's

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Wed Nov 22 17:00:51 GMT 1995

Bonn writes:
>I'm not so sure about carbs being difficult.  I can drop a pair of side draft
>Dellorto's (or Webers) and have it running well straight away.  I'll tell you
>how difficult it is to set up a after market EFI system once I finish swaping
>a set of Dellorto's with injectors and an Electromotive computer.  I have a
>feeling I'm not going to like doing thins....

you probably will have some difficulty the first time. it all depends on the
mechanical and electrical installation you do and then how quickly you grasp
Electromotive's brand of tuning.

I replaced the Webers on my Elan with a plenum type intake and Tec2.
the car now easily fires up after sitting several months and driveability
and mileage are much improved and consistent

Fred