C for embedded controllers

Mark Boxsell mrb at mail.mpx.com.au
Thu Nov 23 14:01:22 GMT 1995

>If this thread continues, could we try to focus on how to write better
>embedded C and/or assembly?
>
>loop structures, frame pointer omission, ....
>
>                                   John S Gwynne
>                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu
>               T h e   O h i o - S t a t e   U n i v e r s i t y
>    ElectroScience Laboratory, 1320 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212, USA
>                Telephone: (614) 292-7981 * Fax: (614) 292-7297
etc. Why isn't anyone asking about air temp corrections, O2 sensor transport
time tables and other good stuff.
Remember everyone we don't have a screen or a keyboard to worry about so
there goes 80% of the code straight away !!!
John don't get too far away from the "metal".
By the way, if a C program requires 10-20% more space for code I assume the
CPU has to run it or it wouldn't be there.
But I must agree it is faster to write and having a floating point library
sure beats the hell out of doing it yourself.
I guess if you a using the 332 you need all the help you can get. The TPU
rountines are a pile of pus so I assume you are going to write your own
microcode ?

        regards,
                 Mark Boxsell
                 MRB Design