any takers for this project?

wayne glasser wayneg at mail.mpx.com.au
Wed Nov 29 19:58:58 GMT 1995

Bruce Bowling

I recently finished building my own distributor test bench and required a
means to trigger my stroboscope off the spark plug leads.

A good friend of mine had given me an inductive pickup (the type used on car
timing lights) to play with and suggested I place an optocoupler across its
output allowing the pickup to directly drive the internal LED.  I then used
a pull-up resistor on the output of the device to provide a 5v pulse.

All I can say is that it works flawlessly for me.  Just give it a try you
might be surprised and you can always clean up the pulse with a schmitt
trigger if need be but I found the signal to be remarkably good in its raw
state.

+   Wayne Glasser            +
+   Sydney - AUSTRALIA       +
+   wayneg at mail.mpx.com.au   +