Those who doubted!

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Thu Nov 30 05:08:53 GMT 1995

>Hello,
>
>About half a year ago, I was pretty hot and heavy into DIY_EFI.  I was told
>that I could not get a Motorola HC11 microcontroller to control the fuel
>distribution to an engine.  I was told the memory wasn't be enough.  GOOD
>THING I DIDN'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!  Two weekends ago, 11/18, I stuck my boat,
>'71 Starbuck, powered by a PORT FUEL INJECTED 350 small block Chevy.
> Throttle response was awsome and mid to top end was doin' great!!  The idle
>was rough, need to figure out an optimal oxygen sensor voltage.  To the
>doubters, I only used the EEPROM of the HC11 (450 of the 512 bytes of memory,
>and I haven't touched the 4K of EPROM.  Don't doubt me again!)
>
>To those interested, I used a Chevy 305/350 Mass Airflow Sensor, an Oxygen
>sensor and the Motorola HC11 chip.
>
>See ya,
>Mike

Good for you.  I like to see someone that does what said cannot be done,
after all that is what engineering is all about.  The system that I made use
the HC11 and less than 2 k of memory for fuel and ignition.  For general
info, both Electromotive and Haltec both use HC11 processors in their fuel
controls, although Electromotive also uses a propriatary igintion timing
control chip for their DIS.  I am impressed in the little use of code, I
would like to know that type of features that you had or maybee even see
some code.  Mine ran a little over .5 K for just fuel because of the serial
communication for realtime display and the interpolating 3d map lookups.
Again Congrads.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |