Air Fuel Meter

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Thu Nov 30 13:04:18 GMT 1995

Thanks to the lead from Doug Robson, I got in touch with
Richard Aubert of Autronics last night.

He is building 2 A/F meters: model MAFM1A uses either Bosch or NTK wide band
                                          sensors, cost $1800-1900 AUD
                             model MAFM1B uses either wide band or a UEGO
                                          and costs about double

they have 4 digit led and 20 step bar graph displays
also have 0-1v & 0-5v analog outputs for datalogging

supposed to have temp comp to 850deg C

the wide band sensors are said to be accurate to +/- .3-.4afr
                               while the UEGO is +/- .1

He says Motec is only accurate to +/- .5

I think I will be going with one of his meters as I have not
found anything better for the buck.

Fred