Ignition Book

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Mon Oct 2 15:15:31 GMT 1995

> People I have talked to in the past has also seen the flaky response
> around the save battery voltage.  What I have also been told is that
> MSD boxes usually don't just "die" - they act screwy instead, like
> mis-firing, etc.

I had the rather unpleasant experiance of killing both batteries in my boat
this summer (about 100 miles from home - the voltage regulator had packed
it in). They MSD-6M I run worked perfectly, right down to the point where
there wasn't enough juice to turn the engine over. Maybe if it had of acted
flakey I would have realized something was wrong before it stopped totally.

All in all, I'm very happy with the MSD box. It's been in the boat for more
than a year now, and works very well. All of the problems I was having (hard
cold starts, poor idle when cold, "loading up" when idling) are all gone.

Mike