Ignition Book

Paul E. Campbell pecampbe at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:19:38 GMT 1995

> If Jacobs really patented this technology, as he seems to claim, then
> he'd be shouting from the rooftops that he had licensed it to SAAB.
> If he didn't invent it, then i doubt that he could afford to license
> it from SAAB.  Either way, it leads me to believe that his recent ads
> are claiming something which is patently false (pun intended).

Jacobs is a tricky bastard. The only thing he patented was the actual physical
DESIGN of his ignition system. He didn't put anything about the control
system or the sensor capabilities into the patent. I went after the patent
specifically BECAUSE I wanted to know how he was using the spark plug as a
sensor and was very disappointed.