Ignition Book

Paul E. Campbell pecampbe at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:25:06 GMT 1995

> Absolutely!  But the Dr. touts that a measured gain of 15 HP can be had
> by his box.  Just like his variable-reluctance magic coil will add
> 5 HP alone (hence the PhD in marketing).  They may help a oil-burner
> or a gas-flooder run a little better, but the average car will
> not get the gain stated.  And where is the computer which is
> built-in the box?  Hard to see with all that potting compound.

I'm not going to argue for Jacob's big advertising campaign. The numbers just
don't add up and people I know who have tried his system said their engines
sputtered and acted like crap for the first few weeks..which is ridiculous
since it should only take 10 or 20 revs. at MOST to map out the curves
ASSUMING Jacob's box actually does any controls at all.

However, potting in this case is a GOOD THING. The big advantage of potting
in this case is that you gain increased shock resistance, potentially
increased thermal conduction, and weatherproofing. A side benefit is that
any other prying eyes who may happen to know what they are doing have a much
more difficult time digging into your corporate secrets.