Ignition Book

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Tue Oct 3 00:20:24 GMT 1995

> The ONLY plus I give to Jacobs box is a toggle switch (3 position)
> which can switch you back to normal un-mod mode.  The third position
> kills the ignition.  Jocobs could do this because the stock ignition

    That is a nice option... especially since timing lights don't trigger
too well of multiple spark systems like MSD.

> amplifier is retained, the Jacobs box is inserted between the
> amplifier and the coil.  MSD takes over the job of the ignition
> amp by hooking directly to the reluctor pickup, so this is harder
> with MSD.

    I carry a homemade harness with a HEI module spliced in the event of
a problem with the MSD.  Haven't had to use it yet, save for timing
adjustments.

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
            "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"