Inexpensive I/O board

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Thu Oct 5 23:53:05 GMT 1995

> 	I am interested in the PC parallel port i/o board that you mentioned.
> Where did you get it?

OK, due to the number of personal replys I have had, here's what I sent
to someone ther other day. In my opinion it would not be fast enough to
be used as an EFI *computer* without extra timers etc to do the 'dirty
work', however it would probably be ok to do readings and look up maps
etc to drive the timers. Also note that due to it's comparitively low
price it's not 'instrumentation grade', but probably still a useful
tool.
For those with access to it, the project was described in 'Electronics
Australia' magazine, June 1995 P54.
Cheers,
Craig.

I'm building a parallell port interface kit at the
moment that has 10 A-D inputs (8 bit), 2 d-a outputs (8 bit) and 8
digital outputs. All this plugs into the parallell port and is driven by
Quick Basic (as supplied with DOS). It's basically a cheap easy
interface (but no digital inputs - speed would also be not great)
I am planning to use this to simulate some inputs to a fuel injection
computer.

Availability/Cost:
This kit is available from DICK SMITH ELECTRONICS in AUSTRALIA.
The cost is $42.50aus + shipping of ~$10, so basically under $40 US
delivered. They accept credit cards and have a form you can fill out
with your order. This is a reputable company so I wouldn't have any
reservations about ordering from them.

Phone #s:
+612 937 336  (ie from the US 011 612 937 336)
Fax +612 805 1986

Postal:
Dick Smith Electronics,
P.O. Box 321,
North Ryde,
NSW 2113
Australia.

The kit is catalog number K2805 and called the 'Parallel port interface'

Cheers,
Craig.
pugsley at trl.oz.au

PS if you need an order form I can scan it in and Email it to you as a
JPG or other format