TBI Questions

Tim Eldridge teldridg at holli.com
Fri Oct 6 03:37:30 GMT 1995

Hello,

    I'm new to the DIY_EFI mailing list. I am currently in my senior year at
Purdue working on a BSEET degree.  My senior design project is to build a
fuel injection system for my  '63 Corvair.  I thought a TBI system would be
the easiest to install and operate. I plan on using  General Motors system
possibly from the mid-eighties since I work at Delco Electronics in Kokomo,
IN. My questions are:

Where can I find specifications for a GM system? Particularly for the
injector, MAF sensor, O2 sensor and engine temp sensor. Also will a TBI unit
from a 2.5 liter motor work? My Corvair is about 2.8 liter but is a six
cylinder. Will using a MPU to drive the fuel injector using input from the
MAF sensor be enough adequately control the air/fuel ratio or should I plan
on developing and using a fuel map or other control system? Any input will
be most appreciated maybe someday I will have answers instead of questions.
If any fellow DE folks have contacts in the Kokomo area that could help, I
can be reached at MS Fab B    X8105

Many thanks in advance to any who take the time to respond. Sorry if these
questions have been answered before.

                                                  "Ralph was wrong"

   Tim Eldridge          teldridg at holli.com