Where to get EEC-IV ECU specs/schematics.

Lawrence S. Harris III lharris at crl.com
Fri Oct 20 17:11:26 GMT 1995

> My mechanic just told me that the code 41(always lean) code that I am
> getting is caused by a bad computer.  And a "rebuilt" one costs $225.  So
> I thought I'd first try to fix it myself, since I would be buying a

Sounds like a load of Bull---t to me.  Did your mechanic trace the Oxygen
sensor outout all the way back to the computer?  If you are not getting
any output (0 voltage) from the EGO to the computer, it will result in an
always lean code.  A bad EGO may cause this, or faulty wiring.  This
would be much more likely than the ECU going bad.

Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice)
'86 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe (152K)  '82 BMW 635CSi Euro (122K)
Meyers Tow'd Dune Buggy (1776cc) '83 Toyota Tercel (185K)