Where to get EEC-IV ECU specs/schematics.

Hans Steiner hs283 at bard.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:11:06 GMT 1995

On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Lawrence S. Harris III wrote:
> > My mechanic just told me that the code 41(always lean) code that I am
> > getting is caused by a bad computer.  And a "rebuilt" one costs $225.  So
>
> Sounds like a load of Bull---t to me.  Did your mechanic trace the Oxygen
> sensor outout all the way back to the computer?  If you are not getting
> any output (0 voltage) from the EGO to the computer, it will result in an
> always lean code.  A bad EGO may cause this, or faulty wiring.  This

I am pretty sure I trust the mechanic.  I tested the EGO myself and was
getting ~0.53V from it.  I disconnected a vacuum line and got ~0.68V fro
the EGO.  On top of that, I have tried 4 different EGO's, 2 new ones, and
two junkyard ones, and still a code 41.  I have had this code 41 for
about a year now and have been trying to trace it for almost as long.

Hans-Christoph Steiner (that's me!)      AKA HC, Hans, Chris, Hans-Chris

				       YAGA!

				Welcome to Yagaland

			      This is YagaLandMeister