Where to get EEC-IV ECU specs/schematics.

Lawrence S. Harris III lharris at crl.com
Sat Oct 21 00:41:09 GMT 1995

> I am pretty sure I trust the mechanic.  I tested the EGO myself and was
> getting ~0.53V from it.  I disconnected a vacuum line and got ~0.68V fro
> the EGO.  On top of that, I have tried 4 different EGO's, 2 new ones, and
> two junkyard ones, and still a code 41.  I have had this code 41 for
> about a year now and have been trying to trace it for almost as long.

Since you are talking about EGO's in pairs, I assume the car is a
Mustang.  These processors are very abundant, as kids tend to wrap
Mustangs around telephone poles with great regularity.  You should be
able to find a replacement for around $100.  If the car is a '88 or
lower, you could probably find one for less than that.  If the car is a
stock '89-93, you could use a pre '88 speed density computer if you
switch the TAD & TAB lines to the speed density locations (I can look
this up for you).  If the car is a MK-VII, the pre '88 Mustang computer
should work (I can also verify pinouts for you for compatibility, but It
seems that I remember that they are identical).  If you buy a new speed
density computer, pay no more than $75 for it, as most people switch to
mass air.

Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice)
'86 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe (152K)  '82 BMW 635CSi Euro (122K)
Meyers Tow'd Dune Buggy (1776cc) '83 Toyota Tercel (186K)