Where to get EEC-IV ECU specs/schematics.

masmith masmith089 at qnet.com
Sat Oct 21 04:47:53 GMT 1995

>> I am pretty sure I trust the mechanic.  I tested the EGO myself and was
>> getting ~0.53V from it.  I disconnected a vacuum line and got ~0.68V fro
>> the EGO.  On top of that, I have tried 4 different EGO's, 2 new ones, and
>> two junkyard ones, and still a code 41.  I have had this code 41 for
>> about a year now and have been trying to trace it for almost as long.
>
>Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice) answered:

>Since you are talking about EGO's in pairs, I assume the car is a
>Mustang.

Not Necessarily.....
My Ford 85  mid-sized (notCrown Vic. )  LTD with a 3.8 V6 and CFI ALSO has
 2 EGOs, and  ALSO has  KOER codes of 41, 43, 91, 93 constantly  - the EGO
 on the left  (US driver) side  seems to drift around but tends to stay low
 voltage == lean. Curiously enough, the V8 (5.0L) only has 1 EGO.....

>From what I've read in HOW TO TUNE AND MODIFY FORD FIJ SYSTEMS (the
exact title is available on the DIY WWW server) the sensors can be contaminated
by silicon from engine sealers, causing them to claim lean.  Is your sensor
actually
switching?  The computer may be counting transitions from lean, not the voltage
itself.
does anyone know how long it takes an EGO to Silicon-foul? 5 minutes? 5 weeks?
MASMITH
(profession is rocket engine physicist . An engine is just 2  very large
fuel injectors...:-)
i applogize for typoes but am balancing 2 month old on other arm.....