Where to get EEC-IV ECU specs/schematics.

ARTHUR OKUN arthurok at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 21 07:29:32 GMT 1995

You wrote:

>>> I am pretty sure I trust the mechanic.  I tested the EGO myself and
was
>>> getting ~0.53V from it.  I disconnected a vacuum line and got
~0.68V fro
>>> the EGO.  On top of that, I have tried 4 different EGO's, 2 new
ones, and
>>> two junkyard ones, and still a code 41.  I have had this code 41
for
>>> about a year now and have been trying to trace it for almost as
long.

>>Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice) answered:
>
>>Since you are talking about EGO's in pairs, I assume the car is a
>>Mustang.
>>
>Not Necessarily.....
>My Ford 85  mid-sized (notCrown Vic. )  LTD with a 3.8 V6 and CFI ALSO
has
> 2 EGOs, and  ALSO has  KOER codes of 41, 43, 91, 93 constantly  - the
EGO
> on the left  (US driver) side  seems to drift around but tends to
stay low
> voltage == lean. Curiously enough, the V8 (5.0L) only has 1 EGO.....
>

>>From what I've read in HOW TO TUNE AND MODIFY FORD FIJ SYSTEMS (the
>exact title is available on the DIY WWW server) the sensors can be
contaminated
>by silicon from engine sealers, causing them to claim lean.  Is your
sensor
>actually
>switching?  The computer may be counting transitions from lean, not
the voltage
>itself.
>does anyone know how long it takes an EGO to Silicon-foul? 5 minutes?
5 weeks?
>MASMITH
>(profession is rocket engine physicist . An engine is just 2  very
large
>fuel injectors...:-)
>i applogize for typoes but am balancing 2 month old on other arm.....
>

>could just be a bad solder connection on the computer printed circuit
board this is quite a common problem with consumer electronic equipment

you might be able to trace the problem on the circuit card with a
low test voltage digital volt meter

a friend of mine actually found a dead insect inside an unsealed
chrysler ecu that was shorting across something causing intermittent
problems