Crystal changes

atsakiri at ford.com atsakiri at ford.com
Mon Oct 23 13:22:43 GMT 1995

Regarding crystal changes (sorry, don't have the original message any
longer), this probably affected the rev limit because, in order to save
memory and more importantly execution time, time-based calculations are
often done in clock ticks, not secs.  This makes calibration and
recalibration more difficult than it need be, but that's unfortunately
the way it is.  The crystal change may also have affected other time-
based calculations (e.g. fuel injection pulsewidth).

---
Anthony Tsakiris

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.